Objectives of Zion Lutheran School
The Christian education of Zion Lutheran School strives to provide faithfully for the eternal welfare of each child and to guide him in the maximum development of his spiritual, physical, and mental abilities given to him by God. The objectives of Zion are:
1. To nurture and strengthen the faith of each child;
2. To provide systematic and thorough instructions of God’s Word;
3. To teach all secular subjects in the light of God’s Word;
4. To strive for excellence in teaching the basic elementary curriculum;
5. To provide children with a Christian school community in which God’s Word rules supreme;
6. To give pupils an opportunity to live their faith in daily Christian fellowship;
7. To provide a rich devotional life centered in God’s Word;
8. To support Christian parenthood and home life centered in God’s Word;
9. To teach children to use their time, talents, and treasures to glorify God in a life of faithful service;
10. To encourage pupils to live as obedient citizens of their country; and
11. To strengthen the congregation and the church-at-large through the training of their future members.
Parents are to have direct involvement with the education of their children. Although the child receives the majority of their education at school, parents are not to neglect their responsibilities. At Zion, parents are to be actively involved in their child's education. This can be done in many ways, such as chaperoning on field trips, volunteering in the classroom and meeting often with teachers.
Zion Lutheran School
Zion Lutheran School provides a K-8 Christian education for the families of Zion, area WELS congregations, and for the families of the communities in the greater Toledo area. All are welcome! Zion Lutheran Day School is run and operated by the members of Zion Lutheran Church.
Hear what our parent's have to say about our school!